VESNA is a music choir school whose main goal is to teach children to see the beauty, to shape their artistic taste. Thus very serious attention is paid to the repertoire. The “golden oldies” the Choir performs are pieces by Mozart, Schubert, Händel, Rheinberger, Tchaikovsky, Glinka, Rakhmaninov, Sviridov, Chesnokov, Rubin, Mellnas, Britten, Podgaits and others.
Over almost half a century of the Choir’s life, it has performed hundreds of pieces ranging from ancient Russian chants to modern avant-garde, from simple folk songs to complex monumental works, pieces with orchestra, organ, piano, a capella, secular and church music by Russian and foreign composers.
One of VESNA’s trademarks is performance of large-form pieces of classical and modern music, such as ‘Gloria’ by Vivaldi, ‘Die sieben Worte’ and ‘Heiligmesse’ by Haydn, ‘Stabat Mater’ by Pergolesi, ‘Magnificat’ by Monteverdi, ‘Missa brevis’ and ‘Ceremony of carols’ by Britten and many others.
An artistic collaboration of many years has associated the Choir with the Moscow composer Efrem Podgaits. His most distinguished pieces were composed especially for VESNA: the concerto ‘Seasons’, ‘New York Mass’, ‘Missa Veris’, the cantata ‘How to paint a bird’.
The Choir’s diverse repertoire and the versatile talent with which it is performed, is part of its foundation that determines VESNA’s never-ending artistic growth.
√ Cyclical form. Foreign composers.
√ Large form. Russian composers.
√ Choral miniatures. Foreign сhurch music.
√ Foreign secular music without accompaniment.
√ Foreign secular music with accompaniment.
√ Russian sacred music.
√ Russian secular music without accompaniment.
√ Russian secular music with accompaniment.
√ Folk songs.
√ Russian folk songs.
Cyclical form. Foreign composers.
- A. Vivaldi. Gloria
- V.A. Mozart. Missa brevis in the B-dur KV 275
- C. Monteverdi. Magnificat
- I. Haydn. Mass in B (Heiligmeesse)
- I. Haydn. Die sieben Worte
- J.B. Pergolesi. Stabat Mater
- A. Scarlatti. Stabat Mater
- J. Rheinberger. Missa brevis in A-dur
- B. Britten. Missa brevis in D
- B. Britten. Ceremony of Carol
Large form. Russian composers.
- A. Grechaninov. Ay, dudu. The cycle of choruses for children on folk lyrics, op.31
- D. Bortnyansky. Three-part Liturgy
- A. Kastalsky. Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom
- S. Rakhmaninov. Six choirs with the lyrics by Russian poets, op.15
- E. Podgaits. Poetry of the Earth. Cantata for children’s choir a capella, op.34.
- E. Podgaits. Moon flute. Cantata for children’s choir and instrumental ensemble based on the story ‘Old French song’ by S. Kozlov, op.51.
- Е. Podgaits. Seasons. 12 parts for children’s choir and the piano. Poem by S. Kozlov. Op.63.
- E. Podgaits. Black pool. Opera-cantata in 6 parts for children choir and an orchestra. Based on the story by S.Kozlov. Op.62.
- E. Podgaits. Ode on a Grecian urn (poem by J.Keats)
- E. Podgaits. Lullabies. Cantata for children’s choir and an orchestra.
- E. Podgaits. Missa Veris (The Spring Mass) for children’s choir, organ and percussions
- E. Podgaits. How To Draw A Bird. Cantata for children’s choir and a symphony orchestra in 8 parts. (poems by J. Prévert, translation by V. Oryol)
- E. Podgaits. The Prayer of Samuel Ha-Nagid. One-part concert for children’s choir and a cello
- E. Podgaits. New York Mass
Choral miniatures. Foreign сhurch music.
- F. Biеbl Ave Maria
- A. Lotti. Vere lanquores nostros
- A. Lotti Crucifixus
- J. Gallus Ascendit Deus
- O. Lasso. Verbum caro
- O. Lasso. Oculus non vidit
- D. Martini. Tristis est anima mea
- G. Palestrina. Hodie Christus natus est
- J. Caccini. Ave Maria
- G. Händel. Hallelujah! From the oratorio Messiah
- W. Mozart. Laudate Dominum from Vesperae solenne de confessor K.339
- F. Schubert. Psalm 23
- I. Brahms. O bone Jesu
- I. Brahms. Ave Maria
- P. Mascagni. Ave Maria
- J. Rheinberger. Abendlied
- M. Head. Ave Maria
- H. Werner. Heidenröslein
- Z. Kodaly. Ave Maria
- M. Da Rold. Laudate Dominum
- M. Kocsar. Salve Regina
- F. Poulenc. Ave verum corpus
- R. Thompson. Alleluia
Foreign secular music without accompaniment.
- H. Hassler. Tanzen und Springen
- H. Hassler. Ihr Musici, frish auf!
- P. Passero. Il est bel et bon
- A. Mellnas. Aglepta
- Z. Kodaly. Night in the Mountains (No. 2 E-dur)
- Z. Kodaly. Evening song
- Z. Kodaly. Turot Eszik a Cigany
- I. Kechakmadze. When the night falls in the woods
- G. Verkhovsky. Cat Vaska
- I. Brahms. In stiller Nacht
- W. Mozart. Glory to the Sun (canon)
- O. Lasso. Bonjour
- O. Lasso. Eco
- J. Gastoldi, Amor vittorioso
- A. Bankieri. Capricciata. Contrappunto bestiale alla mente
- E. Widmann. Madrigal
- T. Morley. Now is the Month of Maying
- J. Obrecht. La tortorella
- J. Arkadelt. Il bianco e dolce cigno
- J. Sanchez. Fly
- R. Schumann. Evening star
- H. Pfeil. Lakes are sleeping
- J. Ozolin. The forest is dense
- L. Bardos. Dana, Dana
- E. Esenwalds. Stars
- S. Iradier. La paloma
Foreign secular music with accompaniment.
- F. Schubert. Serenade ( Die Ständchen )
- K. Debussy. Clair de lune
- J. Rossini. Duet of two kitties
- G. Händel. In Praise of Laughter
- W. Mozart. How sweet and gentle is that ringing? (The chorus from the opera The Magic
- G. Purcell. Sound the trumpet
- G. Erdmann. The barrel organ (vocalize with effects)
- J. Gershwin. I got rythm
- Dogmaticon of the 1 Echos of the Russian chant ‘Vsemirnuyu slavu’ (‘Glory of all the world’)
- Sticheron of the 5 Echos of the Bulgarian chant ‘Tebe odeyuschagosya’ (‘O Thou Who Coverest Thyself with Light’)
- Prose of the Kievan chant ‘Dostoyno yest’ (‘It is truly meet’)
- Spiritual verse. On the Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Christmas canticle. Heaven and Earth
- A. Vedel. Cherubic Hymn
- D. Bortnyansky. Spiritual concert Glory to God in the Highest
- M. Musorgsky. The angel exclaimed
- P. Tchaikovsky. Let my prayer be set forth before Thee
- P. Tchaikovsky. Blessed is the men
- A. Kastalsky. Opened wide the portals of Thy tender mercy unto us
- A. Kastalsky. We praise Thee
- A. Kastalsky. Praise the name of the Lord
- P. Chesnokov. Come hither to appease Joseph
- P. Chesnokov. Cherubic Hymn (a-moll, op.44)
- P. Chesnokov. Cherubic Hymn (Sophronius’) (g-moll, op.27)
- P. Chesnokov. Let my prayer be set forth before Thee
P. Chesnokov. Spiritual choruses from op.9:
- It is Truly Meet
- Mercy of Peace
- O, Gladsome Radience
- Praise the Lord
- S. Rachmaninov. Hail, Mother of God
Russian secular music without accompaniment.
- M. Glinka. The Venetian Night
- A. Grechaninov The Spring Comes
- M.Antsev. The waves are dreaming lightly
- M. Ippolitov-Ivanov. Night
- M. Ippolitov-Ivanov. By a sharp axe
- V. Kalinnikov. The Lark
- C. Cui. The waves are dreaming lightly
- N. Rimsky-Korsakov. Golden cloudlet
- N. Rimsky-Korsakov. Kitty-cat
- S. Taneev. Mountain peaks
- S. Taneev. To Adele
- S. Taneyev. Look at this haze
- S. Taneev Evening
- S. Taneev Pray
- G. Sviridov. Two poems by A. Pushkin : Where is our rose?, Should this life some time deceive you
- E. Podgaits. The girl was singing in a church choir
- E. Podgaits. Rat , for choir with ensemble of percussion
- E. Podgaits. Ave Maria
- E. Podgaits. Dithyramb
- E. Podgaits. Rose
- E. Podgaits. To a child
- E. Podgaits. Ring , a fantasy on the theme of Jewish songs
- V. Shebalin. Winter road
- V. Rubin. To get the spelling-books
- V. Rubin. Over the great golden-spired Moscow
- V. Rubin. Spring is coming
- V. Rubin. Whom we are singing to
- V. Rubin. The girl was singing in a church choir
- V. Rubin. Spring transformation (spring games for choir in folk way)
Russian secular music with accompaniment.
- M. Glinka. Song for the road
- A. Dargomyzhsky. Maidens, pretty maidens all
- A. Borodin. Fly away on the wings of the wind (chorus from the opera Prince Igor )
- S. Rakhmaninov. Island
- S. Rakhmaninov. Spring streams
- S. Rakhmaninov. Here it is so nice
- S. Rakhmaninov. At my window
- S. Rakhmaninov. Vocalise
- N. Rimsky-Korsakov. Octave
- N. Rimsky-Korsakov. Lark’s song is ever louder
- A. Rubinshtein. Mountain peaks
- P. Tchaikovsky. The dawn
- P. Tchaikovsky. Lullaby (from the opera Iolanta )
- P. Tchaikovsky. Maidens, pretty maidens all (chorus from the opera Eugene Onegin )
- P. Chesnokov. The green noise
- P. Chesnokov. The sun, the sun rises
- P. Chesnokov. Leaves
- A. Vlasov. To the fountain of Bakchisarai
- E. Podgaits. Cloud
- E. Podgaits. Green music
- E. Podgaits. On the green hills of the ocean
- V. Rubin. The girl was singing in a church choir
- Austrian folk song Curious neighbor
- English folk song The Oak and the Ash
- Bulgarian folk song I have planted wormwood
- Italian folk song In the way
- Latvian folk song The Gray Goat
- Spiritual Deep River
- Spiritual Dry Bones
- Spiritual Mary Had a Baby
- Spiritual My Lord, What a Morning
- Spiritual Steal Away to Jesus
- Spiritual Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Spiritual Shannandoah
- Mexican folk song Las Amarillas
- Slovak folk song Tancuj, tancuj!
- Ukrainian folk song Schedrik
- Finnish folk song Above the Lake
- Finnish folk song Yakko cult
- French folk song Jean qui pleure
- Japanese folk song Kisobushi
- There was a birch in the field
- Zapletisya, pleten
- In the meadows
- Povyan ', povyan', stormy weather
- I'll go, I'll go out
- Are you ashberry, ryabinushka?
- In the Cherry Garden
- Evening call, evening Bell
- The bell rings monotonously
- My river
- Wiburnum on the mountain